Re: Fw: Newbie

To: Bushwacker4@prodigy.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Newbie
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:01:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/2001 3:44:31 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Bushwacker4@prodigy.net writes:

> Hey, all you guys forgot to tell him about the darn engine thrust washers! I
> don't have a TR engine so I don't know the specs for him... Somebody chime
> in.
>
> Kent

No more than 4-6 thousanths?  I really don't remember, But I do remember that
you take a bar, or 2x4 and push the front crank pully towards the rear of the
car.  The watch it closely while someone pushes the clutch in.  if the pully
moves back and forth any appreciable distance, the thrust washers have
dropped.

Of course, if the clutch hydaulics are out, this test won't work.

Assume the worst when negotiating price!

RHouston