Choke cable

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke cable
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 07:41:40 -0400
I have an after market choke on my 77 Midget.  Then end of the cable
is a bit chewed up and frayed.  I decide to look at the end in the car
and see if I could replace just the cable.  Well I pulled the cable
into the car a bit, and the frayed end was pulled back into the cable
jacket.  I figured I would push the frayed end back out, but fraid
not, it would get stuck at the end of the cable jacket.  The choke
handle end which is a twist to lock type, most likely from M*ss and has
the cable held in place by crushing the metal part that hold the
handle to the cable.  This really does not look like I can just get a
new wire rope and attach it to both end.  Any easy solutions or do I
need a cable splicer :-)  If I have to replace the whole thing I will,
but it would be nice to just replace the cable.  How do the stock
choke cables work?  I really wish the cable was held with some type of
set screw.

--
Later,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net