78 Midget

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 78 Midget
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:31:11 -0700
I ran across a 78 Midget today. Now I am not looking to buy one but
thought I'd post it here and see if anyone is looking for one. The body
is straight, no dents or bondo that I can find. It has some surface rust
but nothing that a little sandpaper and touch up paint cant fix. No body
cancer that I can find. The interior is in very good shape. Carpets are
not too terribly worn, seats are in great shape except the bolster on
the drivers seat (bottom) could use some attention (sags a little on one
side). No cracks on the dash. Needs new top (rough shape). Now it is at
a dealership and they say it runs great (I couldn't start it...dead
battery). It has electronic ignition. They say the engine is real
"tight" and the transmission is "tight" also. I didn't go much into
looking it over except for cosmetic for now. If anyone is interested in
it. I can give more details and can even take some pics (digital camera)
and email to you. Anyone interested in it let me know and I will get any
info you need (if I can). I DO NOT HAVE ANY FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THIS.
I will do it as a favor only.  The asking price is $2450 (a little high
in my opinion, but what do I know). It has 500 miles on the odometer
(think it should be  100500 rolled over) but they cannot confirm as they
do not know the true mileage. But the way the car looks I would say
100500 is correct. I have a few more details avail and like I said if
anyone has questions I will try to get the answers. The car is located
in Ventura, CA. E-mail me if you have questions  at   markdp@pacbell.net

Mark Perry
69 Sprite