Re: Front disc brakes

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front disc brakes
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:14:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/01 4:28:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwramsey@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Strange but Normal for me; last night I changed the front pads on the left
> side because they were metal to metal.  The right side were like 1/2 to 3/4
> good.  The car never pulled to either side.  So any really scary reasons for

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The pads in the caliper closest to the master cylinder will always wear down
faster than the rest because it gets the most pressure.  Always check that
one if you want to check the brakes for wear.

If the other side pads are 3/4 full, you should rebuild the calipers and
check or replace the flex lines while you are doing the work (just to be
sure).  This is only a Saturday morning job, so have at it!  Check the brake
pipes for a kink also.

When did you last change the brake fluid?  That should be done every two or
three years unless you race the car.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward