Re: Front disc brakes

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Front disc brakes
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:03:35 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Alan writes in part:

> Well, yes, it should, but in the real world the longer brake line will
have
> less pressure than the shorter line.  This is due to microscopic air
bubbles
> in the fluid and the little bit of water that is attracted to the fluid as
> soon as you open the container.  The closest set of pads always wears more
> than the rest, in every car.  This does not necessarily mean the car will
> pull to one side.

On the sprite, the splitter is on the right while the master cylinder is on
the left.  I believe that the right front brake actually end up having less
length of brake pipe than the left and hence would have greater pressure.
Since both sides feel the same reduction in pressure from the common pipe
that delivers from the MC to the splitter, and a longer pipe is necessary to
reach back to the left rotor than the right rotor.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)