Explosions in front carb!

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Explosions in front carb!
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:50:34 -0400
I've coitainly done it this time, Ollie!

Just did my usual (Gawd, I hope not) tune up to the '72.

Set all the val;ves cold at .014
Set all the plugs at .040
Ran the carb jets up to the bridge and then down 12 flats
Set the timing on the mark at idle with vacuum plugged
balanced the carbs with a unisyn

Runs worse than ever now! When I accelerate (using the carb
linkage whilst under the bonnet), at about 2500 - 3000 rpm I
get an explosion out of the front carb.

Othere real neatsy symptoms are: With the timing light
connected to either plug 3 or 4, I get nice even flashing
(firing) of the light. But on plugs 1 and 2, I get really
sporadic flashing. I have rechecked the plugs and wires
for fit, reset the points, and generally torn my hair out.

What might cause all this nastiness??

chuckc (the one who sometimes uses his
pinkie on the Shift key)

NetZero Platinum