Re: Rubber Bumper Finishing??

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper Finishing??
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:57:05 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Larry B. Macy" wrote:

> My question is: Is there anything besides the black flex paint to > finish
>them?
> I am not convinced that the black paint is the way I want to go.

Larry

I used the black flex paint on my BMW rubber/plastic trim.
It still looks fine almost a year later.
The kids swear by this stuff on for all their plastic cars as we swore
by flat black when we were kids.
There is also a new flex "bondo" type filler on the market, it bends to
a 70* arc even when cured. Evercoat makes it. How do you think these
kids today fix their plastic cars?
There is always shoe polish but that doesn't last too long on bumpers.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ