Midget 1500 starter solenoid

Subject: Midget 1500 starter solenoid
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:11:34 -0500
I'm having a previous-owner electrical problem on
my 77 Midget.  A PO reverted to 25D4 distributor,
cutting the wiring connector that went to the
original 45D unit (electronic).

The car was wired so that there is a white wire
w/light green tracer on the starter solenoid (if
you're facing the solenoid, the wire is on the
right (drivers) side).  This is going to the coil
+'ve.  Does this sound right to anyone?  The only
mention of white/light green wires in the Haynes
is for the starter interlock (seat switches).

Normally the coil +'ve is for the tach, right?
The white/light green wires I am referring to go
right into the wiring loom where the coil is.

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu