Re: Bleeding my clutch AKA what not to do

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Subject: Re: Bleeding my clutch AKA what not to do
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:13:30 -0400
Cc: "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Evangelos:  I work mostly alone on my junk, er cars, and when it comes to
bleeding it's such a pain in the butt that I even more want to be alone!!!  Then
I can swear.  So the pressurization of the master cylinder (like what I
understand the E-Z bleed does with tire pressure) I do with the Miti-vac on the
blow cycle.  Not much pressure at all, and with the bleeder open I also slowly
pump the pedal.  The extra reservoir that I put inline between the pump and the
master cyl. just gives me more fluid and I don't have to worry about running out
in the MC, which of course means you have to start all over again.  Yes, it uses
a lot of fluid.  But it's an unpleasant task at best and anything to make it
easier is ok by me.  Now on airplanes (small single engine ones that have REALLY
simple brake systems)  we have bled them backwards with an oil can filled with
fluid.  Worked great...not FAA approved.

Geoff Branch  '74 Meejit  needs springs