Re: New MG?

To: Bruce Lowry <egnorant@flash.net>
Subject: Re: New MG?
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 00:08:28 -0700
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bruce,

That's the car that ran at LeMans and is also being marketed to racers for other
series such as the Petit LeMans here in the States. Price? $800,000. according
the mag's. Chassis was developed by Lola Cars. I'm not sure the source or basis
of the engine.

Should be an interesting program to follow. Factories race for a reason; usually
for development and/or exposure. My guess is that they want/need to development
the MG brand name for a market push for an upcoming model(s).

If that proves true, I hope the production cars are worthy successors to the MG
name and not just another retro design nor a neutered cruiser.

Time will tell.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct