Re: Waterloo timing cover

To: esheffield@prizmail.com
Subject: Re: Waterloo timing cover
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:21:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:17:38 -0400 "Eddie Sheffield"
<esheffield@prizmail.com> writes:
> Has anyone out there installed one of the modified timing covers that
> Waterloo Drivetrains sells for A-engined Spridgets?

I'd be interested in hearing about this, too.  What does it take to
install the tensioner, f'rinstance.

> sources? Can the cover/seal be changed with the engine in the car -

Yes, remove the manifolds, release the engine mounts (I removed the RH
plinth and the LH mount), and jack up the engine.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer