1098 rebuild

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1098 rebuild
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:07:41 -0700
Hello spridgets,

              ah.. good question.. why rebuild a 1098? instead of
              installing the 1275?...

              well for one its the original block that came with the
              car.. not that the car will (at least while I have
              it!!!!) be anywhere near concours, or show quality, but
              i AM a perservationist.. .. soooo..

              also the car is/was such a kick to drive, even as i got
              it, with maybe 25 of the original 42 horses left, that
              simply having it "as new" (maybe a little better.. cam,
              flywheel).. it will seem like a racer "to me"...

              i have no plans to compete with the car.. just enjoy
              it.. ..

              plus.. even if i DID put in a 1275, IT would have to be
              rebuilt first!?.... added expense!..

              lets see... 1275, dual side draft webbers, crossflow
              head, headers, hot cam.. flow bench ported.. aluminium
              flywheel.. .. what do i get.. 125 -> 140 horses.. ?..

              for less than that i could go pick up a honda civic CRX,
              go faster, stop better, turn harder.. .. and loose all
              the cachee!!!!!!!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com