Rockers and Smoke

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rockers and Smoke
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:37:46 +0100
OK, so I am currently working on the assumption that he blue smoke
from my 1275 is connected with worn rockers / rocker shaft as
suggested by Crash.
(that's rockers that work the valves, not the cills, 'cos I am in the
UK!)
Removed the shaft and stripped it down.
Shaft measures 0.562 on the unworn section and down to 0.559 where the
rocker bushes have been running.  Worst rocker bush measured at 0.563.
Now these measurements don't seem that bad to me, although I  may not
be getting a truely accurate internal measure of the rocker bushes.
Anyway it was certainly spewing oil out faster than it should.
Tomorrow it is a trip to the breakers to find a low mileage A series.
There should be a few Minis and Metros around to choose from!

Guy