Re: baking the wheels

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: baking the wheels
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 06:08:24 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/2001 4:51:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

> What are your experiences with painting/baking of wheels? Is
> just leaving them in the sun all afternoon enough baking, or do I
> need to commandeer the oven?

Jeff:

I have done a fair amount of baking parts--gives a good, hard, and smooth
finish.  I bake my parts at 250 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.  The sun
does not do that kind of job, so yes, you will have to commandeer the oven.
In fact you should commandeer the whole house, as the odor (fragrence to
some) is quite permeating, and you will create an instant family anecdote.

--David C.