Fw: baking the wheels

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: baking the wheels
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:23:25 -0400
The rims develop little, imperceivable flat spots that actually push the rim
closer to the hub (microscopic) that causes a lessening of the tension on
the spoke. After this happens, vibration causes further loosening. If the
spokes are in excellent condition, the retainers can work loose. If the
spokes are rusted to the retainers, vibration and wheel flex add to the
loosening process although at a slower pace...

True them every year!

Kent
1960 Bugeye (I hate wire wheels!)

Subject: Re: baking the wheels

> In a message dated 8/1/01 4:14:08 PM, birdman@lightspeed.net writes:
>
> << Jeeze and I just tuned my wire wheels and powder coated them and they
sure

> look nice. I was thinking how could they go out of tune without breaking
the

> powder coat? Once true I don't think the wire stretches does it?
Perspiring