LBC, LAC, & LJC Tour Oregon

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC, LAC, & LJC Tour Oregon
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:46:18 -0700
Hi Group,
Finally got to meet some more listers. Really nice folks, even if they
are Californians.  Wrong Way Rick & his wife Caroline were actually able
to spot Gary & I sitting in the parking lot of the restaurant we were
scheduled to meet at. Unknown to us, it had changed hands and was no
longer open, although it might after the new owner gets out of jail.
Dave & Peggy joined us a few minutes later after fueling their brand new
Miata.  Since the weather looked very unfriendly, and Gary is in the
throes of a nasty sinus infection, we wussed out and drove the Neon.
After introductions were made, we drove across the highway for a nice
lunch at the Oak Hills Golf Club. I can recommend the BBQ chicken, but
Peggy said the corn on the cob had been in the water too long. Our
waitress was pressed into service as event photographer, and we headed
to Grants Pass via the scenic route. It was a nearly perfect Spridget
road with lots of nice turns and magnificent scenery. Since this was a
Spridget function, propriety mandated that Puddles, the only car with a
non-working speedometer, take the lead. Half way up a rather steep
grade, as my speedometer passed 80, I realized we were lucky that Gary
was not feeling well, as poor Madge could never have kept up. The
weather turned out to be perfect for topless touring, and we saw a part
of Oregon that we never knew existed. The Californians turned out to be
really nice people, as most Spridget folks are, and we had a wonderful
time. I hope we can get together again for a tour somewhere as soon as I
get the 283 installed in my Midget.
Kate & Gary