Exhaust Manifold Needed (longish)

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Manifold Needed (longish)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 10:34:43 -0400
Hey You Guyz,

Operated on the exhaust manifold this weekend. All 3 mounts
from the exhaust pipe to the manifold had at some time been
replaced by 5/16-18 cheapo bolts, which had since
corroded. I spent one evening spraying penetrating oil
and tapping it in, every 1/2 hour or so, and tried them next
morning. One freed up. Two snapped with just the torque
of 1/2 way up a 3/8 drive ratchet. Got one drilled out and
retapped. The last one, the outside edge of the hole, the
"ear" just crumbled when I tried to drill it out. Like dust, man!

I have cobbled it back together with 2 studs and then a bolt and nut
in the slot left by the break. Works fine. hasn't fallen off.

But --- I'd like to find a replacement exhaust manifold. The
usual sources seem way high on a new one. And Vizard seems
to downplay LCBs for non-hot motors such as mine. I guess
that leaves a good used one? Suggestions (beside EBAY, of
course) for sources of such like?

thanks,

chuckC