Re: Nuts & Bolts for Concours (Was Re: BSF threads)

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nuts & Bolts for Concours (Was Re: BSF threads)
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:58:45 -0700
Cc: gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
No.  Posidrive are denoted by a 4 straight lines between the slots forming an
"X".  A normal Phillips head screwdriver should be used on the original screws
of the Bugeye.
The posidrive screwdiver tip has an additional small lug between the blades to
identify it.  The Posidriv is designed to stay firmly in the slots to apply
more torque to the screw.  Normal Phillips head screw drivers are designed to
"roll" out of the slot if too much pressure is applied to preclude stripping
the threads.
     The markings between the slots on the original screws were sections of a
circle separated by the legs of the Phillips slots which I believe marked such
screws as UNF.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite