Re: Nevada beige

To: Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nevada beige
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- Ankitterer@aol.com wrote:
> Since I think you described  yourself as a
> 30-something, there is an
> excellent chance your neighbor's Healey had been
> repainted by the time you
> saw it.

May well have been.  It was in the early 1970's, I was
6 or 7.  My father was a car lover, and we used to go
for walks/rides when he was teaching me to ride my
bike one summer.  I think by that time I loved cars as
much or more than he did (I got hooked in 1968 when I
was 3 and he brought me a Lamborghini Miura model home
from the NY Auto show).  Our trips would
connect-the-dots between cool cars in the
neighborhood.  The turn-around spot for our summer
night trips was a house on a corner with the Big
Healey.  We watched him restore (rebuild, really) it
over a number of years, but I swear I remember a beige
before it was restored to the relatively common
blue/white combination color.  'Course I was pretty
young - but some things just stick out in your mind.

36 next week.  My life's statistically 1/2 over!

=====
Ron Soave

The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
The British car owner says it's leaking.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/