re: Ignition lock

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Ignition lock
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 01 00:16:58 EDT
(repost... it bounced the first time...)

per Frank...
>>I did remove the original locking mechanism, you may have to grind slots
>>in the original screw as they were made to snap off when installed.

  I havn't tried it on a Spridget, but on Datsun 510s the break-away
screws break at barely more than finger tight.  I removed two locks (from
my -own- cars) and it took longer to remove the plastic shroud than it did
the two screws.  One small, sharp chisel held at an angle and a few taps
from a hammer to get it started and then turn with your fingers.
  Ed in NC
 (No cat quote. Rob'll say something to get me in trouble.  Again. ;-) )