Re: carb ?

To: rexcats@pacbell.net, justbrits@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb ?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:49:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/2001 10:24:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rexcats@pacbell.net writes:

> and if you put the air
> cleaner assembly on with the new air filter the car stalls and does not run.
> with it off the car runs fine????   So what are we doing wrong here.

Could be you have set the mixture with the air cleaner OFF and when you bolt
on the new air cleaner it restricts the air enough to enrichen the mixture,
thus stalling the car?  The other possibility could be that you still have
the zenith/stromberg on the car. I run a Weber DVG on my '79 Midget that used
to have a zenith/stromberg.

--David C.