Lucky/Unlucky

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucky/Unlucky
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:25:00 EDT
     I was driving my Midget at a pretty good clip Thursday, headed South on
a 4 lane highway toward Knoxville when some a**hole in a great big boat of a
car pulled up to the highway, stopped, then pulled dead out in front of me.
Needless to say I locked the Midget up and maintained the steering.  As I
whipped the wheel to the right after feeling the car's weight shift, I felt
something "pop" in my right shoulder--felt like someone had stabbed me in the
shoulder with a knife.  I braked and steered (now one-armed) out of the
situation all right, but now it looks like the old rotator cuff surgery
again.  I just had that 4 years ago and everything was great.  Looks like I
am back to square one.
   And after my bypass in February I was going around joking that heart
surgery recovery  was a piece of cake compared to rotator cuff surgery.  Well
hell, I really didn't need a refresher course to find out.  Anyway, it coulda
been a LOT worse, so I consider myself "Lucky/unlucky".  Been nice to have
been driving that tank that was on ebay a while back.  Then I wouldn't even
have to brake OR turn the wheel. LOL

--David C.