Re: Tube Shock Conversion?

To: mlegreve@powercom.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tube Shock Conversion?
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:33:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/01 10:32:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mlegreve@powercom.net writes:

> Over the winter, I plan to rebuild the suspension, steering linkage, etc.  I
> am considering upgrading all the lever shocks with tube shock conversion
> kits.
> I am sure this has been discussed before, but pros and cons for this upgrade
> would be appreciated.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It depends on how you intend to use the car.  If you are taking it to the
track to race, the tube shocks may give you an edge.

For street driving and even for autocrossing, good quality rebuilt lever shox
are the way to go.  They are MUCH easier to install, less expensive than the
conversion, and they give you all the control you need.  You can even play
with the viscosity of the oil to change the handling characteristics.

Contact Peter C. at World Wide Auto Parts.  He is the best resource for
rebuilt lever shox, and he is a lister on this list.  E-mail to
nosimport@mailbag.com for more info.  I just changed my front shox, rears may
have to wait until I get a house.  Peter will explain everything to you, and
he is most helpful if you have a problem or question.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport