Re: cleaning parts for presentation.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cleaning parts for presentation.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:37:31 -0700 "Toby Atwater"
> <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com> writes:
> > I could also sand blast them... but this might pit
> them.

Soda blasting, as suggested, is more gentle. If you
can stand the stink, kerosene or gasoline is a good
solvent.  Krylon clear coat is handy for finishing.  I
know the pistons are for show, but a reminder if
someone is thinking of using a sand blasted part:

- Shot peening removes stress risers
- Sand blasting adds stress risers

Ron
With SU carb and 2 Smiths tachs on my desk here at
Smiths Aerospace, the former wobbling-needled gauge
people (www.smiths-aerospace.com)