Forwarded: Re: cloth tops and returns

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re: cloth tops and returns
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:43:23 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than spridgets@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: CARIBOULH@aol.com
     Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:35:16 EDT
     Subject: Re: cloth tops and returns

In a prior Spridgets Digest, Frank Clarici had written about Caribou Canvas
tops....

<<You can not return the top if you started installing it.
You will not know it is short unless you install it.>>

Frank, perhaps you have Caribou confused with some other vendor because we
WILL take a top back after it has been installed (either fully or partially),
no other vendor (to my knowledge) will.

It has ALWAYS been our policy that you cannot find out how well a top will
fit until you put it on, ergo you need to be able to "return" it even after
you've put it on. Other wise this would be just like buying pair of pants
without trying them on, and whether they fit or not you're stuck with them.

I felt I needed to make this clarification to the list, since Caribou's
policy has been to ALWAYS take back a top, even after it's been on the car
for "a while". I've regularly told folks to install the top, use if for a
while (couple of weeks or months) and then if they don't like it send it back
for a full refund! I've even taken tops back and given a FULL refund to
customers that had OBVIOUSLY slit the top themselves during installation, or
in one classic case the customer drilled about a dozen half-inch holes
completely thru the material around the back of the top (peek-a-boo!!) when
he was only supposed to drill the holes thru a FLAP of material at the back
of the top.

Whether you personally like me or nor (obnoxious? no, not really, just
thermonuclear busy and never enough time to take care of all the customers as
much as we wish we could), buying a top from Caribou is a 100% risk-free
venture. No other top company offers this policy!

Ed at Caribou Canvas
www.caribou.cc
www.Renovo-USA.com