Re: Size matters?

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Size matters?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 06:08:24 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/2001 10:42:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SDOliner@aol.com writes:

> My TR 4A is a beast next to my Bugeye.

My first car was a TR4, and I really liked it.  I drove it for a while then
wanted to trade up. The first car I test-drove was the new (1966) TR4-A.
There was something I didn't like about that car.  It was somehow chunkier
than the 4.  I remember having a hard time getting into the car because they
had made the seats thicker or higher or something.  I didn't buy it--I
settled on an Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 instead. And that after test driving the
Sunbeam Tiger, which was peppy, but I didn't care for the feel.

Then about 8 years ago, before I bought any of my Spridgets, I saw an ad in
the paper for a Triumph TR-4.  I went to look at it and first thing, opened
the driver's door and slid into the driver's seat.  I knew instantly that
this was not a 4 but a 4-A.  The owner confirmed that.  It was just too tight
an entry/exit for a 4.

--David C.