Re: NO LBC>>> House Business

To: rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net, transerv@sprynet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NO LBC>>> House Business
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:41:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/01 1:25:50 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net writes:

> .  I happened to notice in the title deeds that the gas board (TEXAS
> MAFIA, in Yank-speak) have the right to bulldoze my garage with a moments
> notice.

Well, I'm not a lawyer, nor have I ever played one on TV (jump in here
anytime Steve), but in the US this is fairly common.  I have TV cable running
along one side of my house and telephone across the back.

I though that IF the utility ever came in, they were obligated to return the
disturbed property to it's original condition.  Of course, here, you cannot
get a building permit to allow contruction over such an easement. (Frank??)

You might use this as a bargaining chip to renegotiate the price of the house
downwards.

Rh

Be more concerned about your character than about your reputation,
  because your character is what you really are, while your reputation
  is merely what others think of you.

"Remember, there is no lifeguard in the gene pool." GGLiddy