DCOE Balls

To: "Spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: DCOE Balls
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:57:11 -0400
I finally got enough time to look into these balls, and I think that they are
check valves for the acc. pump.  You have to have a check valve(s) to keep the
fuel flowing in the right direction while the plunger supplies the pressure.
If anyone has Pat Braden's book "Weber Carbeurators" look on pg. 25 for the
diagram of the piston type acc. pump.  He also says..."On a DCOE, these checks
are little balls that lift off a seat when fuel is pumped in the desired
direction, and reseat when the pump starts to force fuel the wrong way."

Then on pg. 88 is another diagram, even better.  And the statement
"Accelerator-pump circuit includes piston, two check balls.  Circuit is unigue
in that fuel is also pulled through it during full throttle".

So there you have it.  Daniel2345432119948 was right about the acc. pump jet
being in the main circuit.

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini