Re: Future restorations was Re: State of current British cars

To: Eddie Sheffield <eddie@mediarchive.com>
Subject: Re: Future restorations was Re: State of current British cars
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:05:31 -0500
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
> But just for fun, anybody want to guess what cars people might be trying to
> restore in 40 years?
> "Muscle" cars (Corvette, Viper, some Mustang, Camaro, and Firebird)
> Some luxury cars (Lexus, Jaguar, Caddy - esp. Northstar based)
> A few SUVs and pickups (some Jeeps, Land Rovers)
>
> Any other suggestions? Particularly non-US?

My brother and often have this discussion. We just look at what cars the
kids like.And the stuff that is just plain different.
Our list: Stealth/GT3000, some of the mini-jeeps such as Geo Tracker,
Samuri etc.,
Geo Metro Convertible (My personal fav), Civics, RX-7, Celicas, Supras,
Acuras, any of the turbo cars (there are lots!!), them durn beetles and
other VWs. The more I look around the more really cool newer cars I
notice. As for restoring, Of the people I know that are rebuilding older
cars are Everything except the Chevette/Escort/Omni sort.
Just some of the current odd ones are a Dodge Magnum, 78 Monte Carlo, 69
Ford PU,
88 Cadillac and Subaru Brat!
I deal in collectables and one of the theorys I maintain is that 40 year
old men buy what they had at 10 and what they wanted at 17. That means
Hotwheels, Schwinn bikes and Agent Zero toys (camera that turned into a
pistol etc). As for cars...Trans-ams, Dusters, Broncos and Z-28s. I have
even seem an upsurge in Vega/Pinto/Gremlin.
Bruce Lowry
"Buy what you want...otherwise you get what you don't want!"