Re: Future restorations was Re: State of current British cars

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Future restorations was Re: State of current British cars
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:46:19 -0700
Cc: egnorant@flash.net, eddie@mediarchive.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> The biggest problem will be the computers in these cars.  Where will you get
> replacement computers for them 40 years from now?  The computers run
> everything, and if they go bad, the car doesn't run...PERIOD!  You can't just
> put in a dizzy with a set of points, because the computer controls fuel flow,
> advance, everything.
>
> Stick to pre-1968 cars as collector items.

Hi Allen,

I suspect that the boys who are reprogramming the computers on todays cars will
still be around making their special chips and new and improved engine
management
systems.  Look at what we have to replace our 40 year old points today.  The new
collectors will be doing things in ways we have never dreamed about.  Look at
some
of todays go fast mags and see what chips are available for engines and
transmissions today and what engines fit in what cars.  It's amazing what
they're
doing!

Now getting the giant plastic stuff in 40 years that are in use today, that
might
be a problem!  But, someone will solve it. For example, look at the cool dash
now
that a lister has done for his own use.

Paul A