Re: State of British cars

To: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Subject: Re: State of British cars
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:08:39 -0400
Cc: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Tomsaudi200@aol.com wrote:

> Whoaaa.
>
> Chevy Sprint convertible?? I can't even recall the last time I saw one, but
> fear not, there's always the Geo Metro Convertible.

  I thought those were the same? ;> ;>

> Then again, I recall hearing about how used E-Types used be really cheap, and
> the owners would buy them and practically run them into the ground.

  Indeed. A local Jag club member paid $1000 for his E-type when
he was a teen. He drove it into the ground a bit, but kept it
shacked up somewhere.

  Now, as a grown man, he's restoring it fully. Neat story.

  There is the other side though. I believe my E-type's
PO was a "frustrated investor". He owned the car during
the period when it was worth close to twice what I paid,
and lavished a bit of cash on it while driving it very
few miles.

  I suspect he eventually gave up thinking it would ever
recover in value, and sold it to buy a boat.

  So some people get a super car for $1000, some people
get the other end of the stick.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca