Re: Saftey RE: State of current British cars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Saftey RE: State of current British cars
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:51:56 -0700 (PDT)
> A 49 Packard is a tank, same for my 52 Plymouth
> Cambridge Club Coupe.  The
> Physics that cover this is F=MA (force=mass times
> acceleration).

Actually, momentum - P = M*V (1st derivative of
kinetic energy - 1/2 M*V^2). If the car is not
accelerating, meaning velocity is constant (even
150MPH), mathematically the force is zero.  The
momentum, however, can ruin your day.

=====
Ron Soave

The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
The British car owner says it's leaking.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/