Re: Saftey RE: State of current British cars

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: Saftey RE: State of current British cars
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:08:16 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
And all this time I thought we were talking about a new plastic car and an
old steel car hitting each other.  OK so the plastic car will crumple, the
air bags will inflate, and the tank will still be moving after the plastic
is a flat piece of road kill.  By using F=MA, lets say F1=F2  is car one and
car two arriving at the same point at the same time and coming to rest ,  it
follows that M1A1=M2A2. now if M1 is 10 times more than M2, then A1 is 10
times less than A2.  This is not valid say if we both hit brick wall, fall
out of the car with or without a helmet, fall down stairs, or whatever.
What I said was if plastic and tank collide, plastic looses.  Think
train/car, airplane/mountain, whatever.  You both make good points they just
don't apply in the stated case.
        Crash