Battery Disconnect (for a Dork)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery Disconnect (for a Dork)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:08:15 -0700
On a negative ground auto, why should the battery disconnect be installed on
the NEGATIVE or GROUND side?

I've got mine (the one with the green knob) on the HOT or POSITIVE side and
a neighbor saw it the other day and said I was a dork, switch it around.  I
got the disconnect without any instructions and used my diminishing brain
(over 50) capacity to deduct that disconnecting the HOT made more sense.
(Now I understand why the battery connection lug had to be split open wider
to fit the POS + post.)
Anyway, what's the reason / philosophy to disconnect on the ground side?
Thanks,
David L. Vrba
'62 Sprite MKII (Still needing a clutch)
Dublin, CA