Re: Battery Disconnect (for a Dork)

To: tboicey@brit.ca, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery Disconnect (for a Dork)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:25:21 EDT
Cc: Dave.Vrba@am.sony.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/24/01 2:32:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tboicey@brit.ca
writes:

> The "ground" that you are standing on is unrelated to chassis
> ground in a car, so isn't a factor. If you could somehow
> ground your radio in the car to the pavement it doesn't work
> as an electrical ground to the circuit.
>
>   Note that this isn't true with houses, because the house
> electrical circuit is grounded with a rod driven into the
> earth. So the word "ground" actually means something, and you
> could get some current to flow by taking a leg of your house wiring

What if you have a ground rod stuck in the ground and wired the radio from
the battery, thru the radio, to the ground stake?  An interesting experiment.
 I guess I would need a long ground wire to drive to the nearest pub whilst
listening to the radio.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget