Re: Can't Win For Losing...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can't Win For Losing...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:55:18 -0700
The horrendous oil leak has been located!  As I have explained in the
past, when something goes wrong I look at the last thing that I had my
amateur hands on.  While I was cutting teeth with the supercharger
installation I had problems with the starter locking up on the
flywheel.  Until I learned by trial and error how to back off the bendix
gear from the ring gear, I was removing the oil filter assembly to get
at the little square end of the starter shaft to turn the starter
manually.  After a couple of times (the oil filter assembly on and off
twice) I figured out how to get at it without taking anything apart.  By
that time I had taken the oil filter assembly off and on a couple of
times WITHOUT CHANGING THE GASKETS!  Does my folly begin to sink in.
Once again false economy rears it's ugly head.  Leaking bigger than sh*t
right at the outer gasket.  Leaking enough to lose a quart in an hours
driving time.  Is my face red.
Mike MacLean Supercharged And not Leaking For Long 60 Sprite
P.S. Still losing some oil from timing cover pulley seal so
Speedi-Sleeve still to be done in the near future.