Re: fuel pump

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:13:14 -0700
Mike:

I'd caution you about using any kind of gasket-in-a-tube. If you do, be sure
it is on the very outer circumference only - you don't want any cured bits
coming adrift and getting into the fuel system. A better solution is to
lightly machine the mating surfaces of the pump so they are true and flat,
and ensure the diaphragm is in good condition, as it forms its own gasket.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)
1963 Sprite Mk II project (HAN7L/30003)