New 5 Speed Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New 5 Speed Question
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:06:30 -0700
Well, chasing Puddles up a fairly steep grade at speeds approaching 90
mph has convinced me that Madge will be much happier with a 5 speed, so
I went out today and finally bought one. The only problem seems to be
that the little Datsun it is attached to runs too strong to part out. It
is an ugly little car with the usual rust and some minor body damage,
but she runs like a champ. The 78 year old lady that I bought her from
says that she has always heeded her husband's advice and had it serviced
every 3,000 miles, whether needed or not. I don't have any idea what a
good 5 speed would normally cost, but when she told me she only wanted
$200 for the whole car, I thought I had better buy it. There must be
enough parts that I can put on eBay to recoup that and have enough for a
down payment on Paul's conversion kit. Can one of you gallant Listers
tell me what I need to salvage off the Datsun in order to put the 5
speed in Madge? Paul - Are you out there somewhere?
Kate