Re: New Bug workers RE: Only in America (no LBC)

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>, <RBHouston@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Bug workers RE: Only in America (no LBC)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:37:40 -0400
=20?= m>

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 10:03 pm, Toby Atwater wrote:
> It's all really just fueled by the consumer. If you want a crappy new bug
> built in Mexico, go for it. If not, buy something else. So makes your
> choices and get your wallet out.

Although today considering the options one has to choose from, I'd rather
keep my wallet in place! ;-) Kind of like voting in elections for the last
decade or so.

> I for one wouldn't mind a new old style beetle that was still being
> produced awhile back. Air cooled flat 4 and all.

Ditto! I've told my wife that an old VW may well be my next project after the
Midget. BTW, I saw a Karman Ghia today - always kind of liked the looks of
those, kind of remind me of an old Porsche. For some reason the question
popped in my head "How much of the mechanicals were shared between the Beetle
and the Karman?"

Eddie
1971 Midget