Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)(NO LBC)

To: Eddie Sheffield <eddie@mediarchive.com>, Andrew Weaks <awboat@intelos.net>, Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)(NO LBC)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:04:10 -0700
When I was in college in Ypsilanti, Michigan, one of the places I lived was
a pre-civil war era home that had been divided into two flats. I lived in
the upper one with two roomates. Since I drew the short straw, I ended up
with the smallest "bedroom" in the place (it was a closet, literally).
However, I soon discovered there was an attic and I convinced the landlord
to let me renovate it. While cleaning up all the crap between the rafters,
including a layer of soot from a fire probably many years before.
Underneath everything, I found a Harper's Bazaar from 1863. One of the
pages had a list of confirmed dead Civil War soldiers, and of course many
other Civil War related stories. I still have it. I also found a same
period hand written letter, probably to the then owner of the house.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints