Re: [Fwd: Brake Light Switch]

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Brake Light Switch]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:00:02 -0400
Cc: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jim Juhas wrote:

> The brake light switch on my wife's 1969 Sprite stopped
> working this weekend.  I replaced it last year with one from
> Moss.

Mostly oriental substandard Sh......

2 choices, find a later model brake light switch from an auto parts store.
They are plastic these days and I know they have one that fits, it may be
metric but the threads of theplastic switch will self cut right into the brake
pedal box.

or

I put a pressure switch in my 73 Midget. I adapted it to the brake
equalization switch. I can not give you the particulars because I just sort of
did it with some bits from the garage. I wouldn't recommend it though. Not
that I have any problems with it but I also changed the dual master to a
single bore.

If you go pressure switch, do NOT get one made in India, Taiwan, china,
bumfuk, or any of those "new to manufacturing" countries. Get one made in USA
or Europe. NOS Lucas will be just fine. Just don't even think of using ANY
pressure switch with silicon brake fluid. Silicon will insulate the contacts
in a short time.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ