Re: [Fwd: Brake Light Switch]

To: james.f.juhas@snet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Brake Light Switch]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:29:02 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/2001 9:32:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
james.f.juhas@snet.net writes:

> The brake light switch on my wife's 1969 Sprite stopped
> working this weekend.  I replaced it last year with one from
> Moss.  Can someone steer me to a better supplier for this
> part?  This is the mechanical version.  I am thinking of
> inserting a pressure switch into the brake line (rear,
> probably).  Has anyone else made this modification?
> Pressure switches seem much more reliable, and are so much
> cheaper, too.

Sorry Jim:

I just flat didn''t see your question till you reposted.  My brake light
switch went out and I found a good one in a parts car and have had no trouble
whatever since putting the good used one in.  It WAS original stock.  I would
suggest this route instead of getting one of those chinky Taiwanese pieces of
junk that Moss sells.  After all, it is only a simple on-off switch.  And
they found a way to screw those up.  MMMM--Is this a curtain call for  Frank?
 LOL

--David C.