Re: Basic tuning questions

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Basic tuning questions
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:44:51 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/01 10:37:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

> I have some basic tuning questions.  I am not very good at tuning cars
> so I have some questions.  My 77 Midget was running fine and over the
> course of about 1K miles it developed a miss, then a stumble, now it
> runs rough.  Sometimes when you press the accelerator pedal down it bogs
> down and misses even worst.  Since one lister said that "70% of
> carburetor problems are electric", I figure that is where I will
> start.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I have the same problem with my '77 Midget from time to time.  I just push
the PIECE OF CRAP OEM plug wires back on the plugs and it runs fine again.  I
will be buying Magnecor wires as soon as I get a house.

If you run the engine while it is missing for any length of time, you may
foul a plug.  Take them out and clean and re-gap them when you replace the
wires.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget