Re: My Question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My Question
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:10:40 -0400
On Thursday 13 September 2001 06:19 pm, David Ramsey wrote:
> OK, I've heard all about how we should nuke/kill/burn them all.  How many
> of you angry killers have been in combat or are you all watching to much
> HBO lately?  We have two choices, arrest, trial, sentence the guilty

Doesn't work, and probably makes things worse (if that's possible). Remember
that one of Ben Laden's henchmen was to be sentenced the NEXT DAY in a
courthouse ACROSS FROM THE WTC. The timing seems too close to me for this to
be a coincidence. Maybe if we had Ben Laden himself, but then we would need
to find and arrest ALL of them anyway. An even greater impossibility than the
military option.

No, we don't wipe out everyone based on their religion, assuming by that one
means all Muslims. I heard someone make a good point tonight that these
terrorists are to Islam what white supremacists are to Christianity. It's
that branch that must be destroyed. These acts are only the tip of a much
larger iceberg. If we punish (in whatever way) only those directly
responsible for these recent acts, they become martyrs to the rest, giving
those who remain another (as if they need one more) reason to commit more
such acts.

I've never fought in war. Started to join the reserves at one point, but
didn't - my eyesight wouldn't allow me to be a pilot. I have no doubt that
it's hell on earth beyond my imaginations. But if asked (at my "advanced" age
of 34) I would go and do my damnedest to fight for our freedoms and our way
of life.

I once heard it said "A man who has nothing worth dying for has nothing worth
living for."

We all have to determine what we have to live for.

Eddie
1971 Midget