Re: crankcase venting

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: crankcase venting
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:05:38 -0000
i run no pcv on my 1275.   i have the front breather as a road draft tube
with a hose attached to the breather assembly and it hangs down below the
frame and is cut diagonally to as to have the hole facing rearward.  at
speed it creats a negative pressure in the crank case .   it works!    all
this "feeling the need " for a pcv system is a bit funny from my point of
view.    the design of road draft tubes is as old as time itself, and works.
now if you have oil running "wholesale" out of your rear main a pcv can
provide enough negative pressure to deter the oil from vacating the engine
to a degree.   but other than meeting a specific appearance for concours the
pcv can be sucessfully removed.

chuck.
on the verge of signing off myself........       c.