Re: Glove box

To: macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Glove box
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:06:52 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/01 2:34:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu writes:

> I am looking for the tray part of a glove box for a 1500 Midget. The door I
> have is fine. However when I was trying to put the glove box back in after
> changing the interior panels I kinda tore one of the sides out. I might be
> able to fix it or make do, but if anyone has a tray in good shape, let me

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Mine was all pushed out of place when I got my Midget.  I took it all out and
cleaned it, then put it back in with new trim screws with the captive
washers.  The board material wasn't actually ripped, but I still didn't
expect it to work as well as it did.  I used the next larger size screws than
the ones I took out, to make sure they held securely.

Maybe you can reinforce the material on the sides where the screws hold it in
place.  Black duct tape would be fairly strong, and I don't think you would
see it at all.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget