Lucas Generator to GM Alternator to Itchbitchi Alternator

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas Generator to GM Alternator to Itchbitchi Alternator
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 11:16:18 -0700
Hello all,

Some time ago, back in the early 90's, I performed the Lucas gen to GM
alternator conversion.  I've bee happy with it, except for the
occasional breaking loose of the bolt at the alternator/water pump spot.
I also don't much care for the way it looks on the engine.  The damn
alternator is about the size of the engine!!!<grin>

I've been thinking about swapping to the Mitsubishi alternator, and was
wondering if any other listers have done the GM to Mitsu conversion.
Looking at Frank's instructions, it appears that the exact same wires
are used in both the GM and Mitsu conversions.  I'm looking for
confirmation that the existing wiring modifications will work without
being changed, and all I have to do is mount the Mitsu alternator, hook
her up and go.

Any tips are appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin,CA

PS  I finally got a call from my parents, who are in New Zealand for
their 30th wedding anniversary.  They are doing well, and said people
down there have been very supportive.  They were supposed to fly back
today, but have no clue as to when they can return.  Not a bad place to
be stuck, I guess, especially since before this my mom had never been
further west than the Coors Brewery in Colorado!