Bugeye temperature

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye temperature
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:24:28 EDT
Listers:

Had a fine, crisp, clear afternoon for a Bugeye ride in the nearby Cuyahoga
Valley National Recreation Area, which features sports car roads that equal
the best anywhere.  Spent a few hours winding up and down the hills and
through the curves, and I have a question:

No matter how hard I ran the car, my temp never got much over 165 or 170.  I
know the gauge is accurate because when it sits in hot weather, it'll run
right up past 190.  This afternoon I'd guess outside temp was maybe 65 - 70
F.

Is 165 - 170 operating temp warm enough?  Should I change thermostats for
driving in the cooler fall weather?

TIA!

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye