Re: bearings clearances redoux

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bearings clearances redoux
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:59:36 -0700
List -

This effect is very common.  The metal "pulled out" of the threaded part
will be limited by the through-hole in the cap, however, the edges of the
cap hole might "lip out" due to the pressure.

A common alternative to filing the mating surfaces (good way for an
experienced hand) is to use a countersink.  Chuck it into a drill motor so
that you can keep it straight and hand turn the shaft.  Laying a straight
edge across the mating surfaces will tell you whether you (still) have a
problem.

Clay L.
'67 Sprite