Re: Modern car names, no LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Modern car names, no LBC
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:51:44 -0400
>Let's face it, some car names just fit better than others.  No one complains
>about "Electra" or "LeSabre" or "Chevelle" or "Camaro" not having meaning, do
>they?  And a corvette is a "lightly armed warship, smaller than a destroyer."
> Kinda fits.  I once had a Volkswagen Scirocco -- a warm Mediterranean wind
>sort of car...

Then there are the names that are translations. "Tercel" in Japanese supposedly
means hawk. Given the car's size, it's more like chicken hawk. ;-) Corolla is a
flower, I think. Could be wrong. The the Nissan Stanza. Stanza is a section of
poetry, akin to a paragraph of prose...

>Maybe we should allow truth in advertising to rule in car names.  The Honda
>Boring (comes in three sizes!).  The Acura Boring with Some Luxury.  The
>Chevy POS (pick a model!).  The Chrysler Stylin' but Crappy.  The Ford Clumsy.

I suppose then you'd have the Toyota Appliance, the Lexus Mercedes-Wannabe,
Pontiac Ugly, and Kia Cheap. How about a few more?

-=Chris
'79 Midget

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.alum.rpi.edu